April 1956 Building Committee Formed
1956 was a momentous year in the life of the Orthodox community, when in April the building committee chaired by V.B. Matveev, and later N.A.Petrovsky was formed. Elected trustees were S.P. Tatarinov, G.A. Pedashenko, V.A. Cd. They produced the Charter for the Committee and opened a bank account.
Thus the building committee took on an official status. It started with active fund raising for the purchase of land and building for the Church. All possible means were used to achieve the goal. Membership dues were set and plate collections during worship contributed to the funds. Dances were conducted and lotteries were run. All of these funds accumulated towards the purchase of land. The ladies committee headed by M.N. Tatarinova played an important role in organising the fund-raising.