June 1955 The first Liturgy of the newly formed Mission was performed by Father Theodore Mihalyuk
The first liturgy of the newly formed Mission was performed by Father Theodore Mihalyuk, and then followed services by Father Alexei Filato. After his death on 3 June 1955 the liturgy was conducted by priests from other Sydney churches. Worship continued wherever possible in non-Orthodox churches, private homes in the town hall and ex-servicemen's clubs.
Since a Blacktown already had a Ukrainian Church of the Transfiguration of the Lord, the Diocesan Office agreed to a petition of the parishioners in the community to rename the Church St Archangel Michael.